sE Instrument Reflexion Filter
The sE Electronics Instrument Reflexion Filter brings you a smaller, more portable version of the stellar microphone-isolating Reflexion Filter. The compact Instrument Reflexion Filter uses three layers of polyester fiberboard, separated by air gaps and bolstered by a punched aluminum wall for maximum diffusion. It works just like its big brother but fits in tighter spaces, making it perfect for drum and instrument miking situations. A 12" gooseneck arm lets you easily position it, too. Get better sound from your drums and instruments with the Instrument Reflexion Filter!
sE Electronics Instrument Reflexion Filter Portable Mic Isolation Device at a Glance:
- An effective isolation and diffusion solution
- Easy to use with a variety of mics
An effective isolation and diffusion solution
The Instrument Reflexion Filter incorporates much of the award-winning innovation of its bigger brother, the Reflexion Filter. It consists of a small curved wall of punched Aluminum with three layers of polyester fiberboard separated by air gaps. This combination effectively reduces room ambience and isolates the mic from ambient noise.
Easy to use with a variety of mics
Using a 12" gooseneck arm, the 1.5 lb Instrument Reflexion Filter easily attaches to any microphone stand. A 1.125" mounting provision allows a pencil mic or other small diaphragm, end-address microphone to be positioned through the center of the arc. This is especially useful when close miking drums (to help with track separation) or overhead miking. The Instrument Reflexion Filter is ideal for use with pianos, drums and wind instruments.
sE Electronics Instrument Reflexion Filter Portable Mic Isolation Device Features:
- A smaller, more portable version of the Reflexion Filter
- Incorporates many Reflexion Filter features in a conveniently sized package
- Perfect for all of the areas where the original RF would not fit
- Isolates the microphone using three layers of polyester fiberboard separated by air gaps, with a punched aluminum wall for diffusion
- Includes a provision to mount small diaphragm pencil mics through the center of the arc
- Brings tighter, punchier, and more detailed character to any recording
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 7.75" W, 7.5" H, 4.0 " D
- Hole Diameter: 1.125"
- Arm Length 12"