The TM-60 is a lightweight, easy-to-use condenser microphone powered by a single AA battery. By using a battery rather than phantom power, this microphone helps to reduce your overall power consumption and makes it the perfect choice for mobile recording with handheld recorders, mobile interfaces or Portastudios where more power means more recording time.
The TM-60 offers a wide frequency response for precise and smooth reproduction of virtually any sound source from vocals to instruments. Its unidirectional pattern can suppress sounds from the sides and rear, helping to bring out the intended source.
The TM-60 is a condenser microphone opposed to dynamic microphones which are usually being used in live performances. Unlike dynamic mics, a condenser mic does not need a relatively heavy magnet and voice coil to convert acoustic waves into electrical signals. Instead, it uses a diaphragm coupled to an electrical condenser where vibrations are converted to changes in capacitance, realising a lightweight structure that helps to create a wider and smoother frequency response. To derive a signal from the changes in capacitance, electrical power is required.
The figure shows the construction of typical condenser microphones. The TM-60 is a back electret condenser microphone, which has a slightly different structure, but no specific difference is in the features.
- Condenser microphone for capturing precise, high-definition sound
- Small diaphragm type, can be used for vocals or instruments
- Unidirectional (cardioid) pattern is ideal for single sources like vocals, acoustic guitar, wind instruments etc.
- Runs on battery power only, ideal for mobile recording where phantom power would reduce the system’s uptime
- On/Off switch to prevent feedback or unwanted noise and to preserve battery power when not used
- Perfect for Tascam products like handheld recorders, mobile interfaces and Portastudios
- Included accessories: wind screen, desktop mic stand, mic clip, 5/8-inch to 3/8-inch screw adapter, XLR cable, soft case
- Frequency response: 50 Hz – 18 kHz
- Output impedance: 200 ?
- Load impedance: <1 k?
- Sensitivity: –45 dB, ±3 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 126 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 70 dB
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, male
- Phantom power: DC 1.5 V (1 × AA battery)
- External dimensions (Ø × L): 28 mm × 190 mm
- Weight: 225 g (mic body without battery)
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.