Shure SLX14 at a Glance:
- Clear transmissions
- Simple setup
- SLX1 and WA302 allow for wire-free guitar performance
- SLX4 diversity receiver
The SLX sound featured with the SLX14 is founded on Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding, a technology which brings more transmission clarity and dynamic range to wireless systems. Unlike traditional wireless companding schemes that are restricted by a fixed compression ratio, this technology utilizes a variable compression ratio. The result is the elimination of wireless artifacts during quiet passages and superior dynamic range.
On an operational level, the SLX14 system's SLX4 receiver employs features that make setup almost effortless. Utilizing auto frequency selection and auto transmitter setup, the SLX system scans the wireless landscape and identifies a clear channel instantly. Then, guided by an infrared link, at the touch of a button, the transmitter automatically syncs with the receiver. With over 960 operating frequencies across 24MHz of UHF bandwidth, you should be able to quickly and easily set up up to 20 systems in a given location (area dependent).
SLX1 and WA302 allow for wire-free guitar performance
The Shure WA302 is an instrument cable designed for use with a bodypack wireless transmitter like the SLX1. It connects a guitar or other instrument to your Shure bodypack transmitter.
SLX4 diversity receiver
The SLX14's SLX4 is a rugged metal wireless receiver that employs diversity technology to improve reception and minimize dropouts. The SLX4 is outfitted with rackmount hardware, detachable 1/4-wave antennas, a backlit LCD display, 1/4" and XLR output connectors, frequency and power lockouts, an in-line power supply, and a rear-panel volume control. Finally, the multifunction LCD displays group, channel, frequency, transmitter battery strength, and locked/unlocked status.
SLX1 Bodypack Transmitter Features:
- WA302 instrument cable
- Audio Reference Companding technology
- Up to 20 systems at once
- Auto frequency selection
- Auto transmitter setup
- Over 960 operating frequencies
- 300' operating range
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature
- Frequency and power lockout
- 3-segment battery fuel gauge
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide 8 hours of continuous use
SLX4 Receiver Features:
- Automatic frequency selection
- Automatic transmitter setup
- 960 selectable frequencies across 24MHz bandwidth
- Detachable 1/4-wave antennas
- Microprocessor-controlled diversity
- RF presence LED
- 5-segment audio meter
- Multifunction, backlit LCD
- Low battery indicator
- Frequency and power lockout
- Rugged metal chassis
- Volume control on rear of unit
- Half-rack design
- Furnished rack hardware
- Non-slip bumpers for use out of rack
- XLR and 1/4" outputs
- System: Simultaneous Channels: Up to 12
- System: Analog/Digital: Analog
- System: Frequency Range: 542-572 MHz
- System: Operating Range: 300 ft. Line-of-sight
- System: Frequency Response: 45Hz-15kHz
- System: Channel Selection: Auto
- Instrument Cable: Connector 1: 1/4"
- Instrument Cable: Connector 2: TA4F
- Transmitter: Form Factor: Bodypack
- Transmitter: Dynamic Range: 100dB (A weighted)
- Transmitter: Battery Type: 2 x AA
- Transmitter: Battery Life: 8 hours
- Transmitter: Connector: 1 x TA4M
- Transmitter: Dimensions: 4.25" x 2.5" x 0.75"
- Transmitter: Weight: 0.19 lbs. (without batteries)
- Receiver: Antenna Type: Detachable
- Receiver: Front Panel Display: Yes
- Receiver: Displays: Backlit LCD
- Receiver: Type: Rackmount
- Receiver: Rackmountable: Yes
- Receiver: Rack Spaces: 1U (half-rack)
- Receiver: Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Receiver: Dimensions: 1.65" x 7.75" x 5.27"
- Receiver: Weight: 1.81 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: SLX14-H19